Monday, April 14, 2014

CONTEST: Michael J. Sullivan

Hello again, friends. What I have for you now is quite a wonderful opportunity. This week I shall be reviewing The Riyria Revelations and Hollow World, all by the great Michael J. Sullivan. Given what a big deal Mr. Sullivan has been in the fantasy and sci-fi community in the past few years, I'm sure you all know who he is.



However, I'll give you a little taste: The Riyria Revelations are a series of fantasy novels that were initially self-published and took the community by storm. Later, Orbit Books grabbed them and released them in three volumes -- Theft of Swords, Rise of Empire, and Heir of Novron. If you like sword and sorcery the likes of Fritz Leiber and the greats, you will love The Riyria Revelations. You'll have to wait til Wednesday for my official opinion, but the books are a rollicking good time.

Hollow World is one of the most significant SFF publishing events of 2014. Yeah, that big a deal. It is a old-school time travel novel in the tradition of H.G. Wells. You'll also be getting a review of this from me this week, so far now I'll just say that if you like sci-fi, dystopian fiction, and time travel, you are going to want to track this one down.

And now the tracking might be done for you. Mr. Sullivan has so graciously allowed for ONE lucky Craig's Book-ends reader to win a copy of any Michael J. Sullivan novel of their choosing. He'll even sign it. This guy, he's one of the good ones.

Here's what you need to do....

1) Make sure you like Craig's Book-ends on Facebook.
2) E-mail me at craigsbookends@gmail.com telling me which book you want. If your name is different on Facebook, make sure you let me know.

Monday April 27th, I will randomly choose one of you wonderful people to win and we'll go from there. That's it.

Now, go! Also, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment